Thursday, March 28, 2013

Little Things

     Ever feel like you didn't accomplish something? Like you didn't meet people's expectations? Well, today was that day. To be more specific, I found out I didn't get accepted into a college, I fell in love with, this past year. The feeling of getting rejected, is equivalent to getting punched in the stomach - by a professional boxer. Okay maybe that's a little too dramatic, but it really did hurt.

     And I did what every normal senior in high school does, compare. I compared my intelligence, my work ethics, and my strength. I questioned my worth.

     Oddly enough, I ate at a Chinese restaurant today as well, and like every Chinese restaurants, the waiter gave me a fortune cookie. It was just another predictable or confusing fortune cookie right? I was wrong. The cookie revealed a fortune that somehow lifted me up and gave me encouragement.

     "Failure is the chance to do better next time." Being rejected doesn't mean, I should give up, for life is a window of opportunities, a window of choices and a window of chances. As the cliche saying goes, "when one door closes, another door opens."

     If it wasn't meant to be, then I should accept and move on. Instead of focusing my attention on the one college I didn't get accepted to, I should gear my attention towards the colleges I was fortunate enough to be accepted. I should stop thinking that all the work I did for high school was pointless.

     College is that "chance" to do better next time, even if isn't the college I fell in love with. Who knew a tiny piece of paper can make such a huge difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment